The New Brighton Area School District offers in-house k-12 cyber options to meet the needs of families considering online learning. We are pleased to offer personalized options to our students and families, using several age appropriate learning platforms, with an emphasis on core subjects.
Among our options, students with a blended schedule will have traditional courses in the classroom and online course(s) taken in the LOLA lab at the High School with supervision and support. These students have a typical day from 7:30-2:20.
Some students may have a hybrid schedule, with traditional courses in the classroom and working off campus, independently online. This individualized learning schedule is provided to meet physical and/or emotional needs of the students and family.
A cyber student is enrolled fully in online classes which are aligned to yearly course requirements for diploma eligibility. The hybrid and cyber options require administrative approval for scheduling with our Guidance Counselors.
LOLA students receive all of the resources available to traditionally enrolled students, such as:
· Eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities, including sports
· Guidance and support programs, including career and college exploration
· CCCTC programs
· Tutorial support from our own teachers
· Free and reduced lunch, if applicable
· Progress reports and report cards
· Dances, concerts, field trips, annual musical participation
· NBASD diploma upon completion of graduation requirements
If you would like to discuss LOLA cyber options for your family, please contact Mrs Cheri Velto, LOLA Director at 724 843 1795 x394 or firstname.lastname@example.org