Hide other sections
Letter to Volunteers
- Click on the link above "Letter to Volunteers" to review the letter sent to all families regarding volunteers and the new law for clearance requirements.
- Or, click on the "Document Uploads" title in the left hand column to review the letter.
- Your role as an employee and/or volunteer is critical to the success of our programs and the opportunities available to our students. We ask that you review the following policies as you prepare to work with our students. You may click HERE to be taken to the policies page or visit the District website, click on the column for "District" then "Board of Directors" and then "Board Policy"
- Policy #806 - Child Abuse
- Policy #824 - Maintaining Professional Adult/Student Boundaries
- Policy #916 - Volunteers
PA State Criminal History Clearance (Act 34)
- Click the link above and select “Submit New Record Check” under credit card users. The charge to the credit card will be $10. You must record the Control Number verifying your request. Results are available immediately after the registration is completed. The “No Record” certificate can be accessed through the PATCH Record Check screen at https://epatch.state.pa.us/RCStatusSearch.jsp and submitting a search request.
Paper applications are available in the NBASD Central Administration Office, by visiting www.nbasd.org, PA State Police Barracks, or the PA State Police website: www.psp.state.pa.us. The completed application and payment should be mailed to: Pennsylvania State Police Central Repository 164, 1800 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9758.
Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Click the link above and beginning December 31, 2014 you can complete the Child Abuse History Clearance request online.
Paper applications (Form CY113) are available in the NBASD Central Administration Office, or the Department of Human Services website, https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Applicants must include a $10 money order payable to the Department of Public Welfare. No cash or personal checks will be accepted. If you do not receive the Child Abuse History clearance within eight weeks, you should call 717-783-6211.
FBI Fingerprinting (Act 114, Register as Education) --> SERVICE CODE is 1KG6XN
Click the link above to register. Applicants must register online at https://www.identogo.com/ or by phone at 844-321-2101 or 855-845-7434. Registration is required prior to visiting a fingerprint site, you can find local sites by visiting the online registration website. The charge to receive fingerprints must be paid via the website prior to visiting the fingerprint site. You will be asked for a Service Code, that code is 1KG6XN. Following registration, applicants should visit a fingerprint site of choice. You will be required to show a qualified State or Federal photo identification and will then be electronically fingerprinted. You will receive a form and code that should be returned to NBASD so we can access the results.
Recognizing & Reporting Signs of Child Abuse
- This is an online training and is optional for volunteers. The link below will take you to the online training. It is listed as a 3-hour course but you move through at your own pace so it could take less, or more, time depending on your speed and understanding of the material. At the conclusion of the training you will be able to print a Certificate of Completion. You should be connected to a printer to complete this and the District welcomes you to provide a copy to us so we may keep it on file with your clearances.
- Click to access the online training - Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse or type the following web address into your internet browser https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/